Categories
Accounting homework help

Create a business model

 
Feedback loops are an important tool in making sure your product or service meets or exceeds the business and customer expectations. Your business model should include strategies explaining how you will seek and implement feedback from different sources, with a focus on establishing constructive feedback loops that will help improve your product or service and enhance customer retention.
In your initial post, address the following:
Who will you ask for feedback from within the company?
How do you plan to seek and address feedback and concerns from these sources within the company?
Describe strategies you plan to use for seeking and addressing feedback from customers.
Outline the internal communication channels you will use to address feedback from internal and external customers.
In your response to two peers, address the following:
What are some similarities and differences between your strategies both internally and externally?
Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for improving their feedback loops?

Categories
Accounting homework help

Describe a selected medium-sized private company, its operations, and its associated industry and evaluate these areas to determine whether the company should be publicly traded or not.

 
For this assignment you will select a medium-sized private company and one that allows access to its financial statements. You will create investment strategies for this company based on a financial analysis of investment strategies applied in other companies and determine whether the company should stay private or go public. The decision will be based on how the company compares to other companies in the same industry. You will research industry best practices and selected ratios relevant to the organization. This research will inform the decision to remain private or go public and allow you to develop an argument based on your recommendation. Your argument will be based on information from the company’s financial statements compared to both industry averages and to at least one benchmark company. Before developing your recommendation and an argument for a determination, review the guidelines and regulations associated with going public by reading Information for Small Businesses.
Instructions
 
Write a 4–5 page paper in which you:
Describe a selected medium-sized private company, its operations, and its associated industry and evaluate these areas to determine whether the company should be publicly traded or not.
You need access to the financial statements of the selected company to complete this assessment.
Analyze four leading financial ratios and how each would affect investment strategies and a decision for a medium-sized private company to go public or stay private.
Evaluate the application of each of the four financial ratios to a selected medium-sized private company based on comparable or benchmark industry ratios.
Recommend the application of one of the four financial ratios to a selected medium-sized private company to inform a decision to go public or stay private supported with a justification for the recommendation.
Provide at least four reliable, relevant, peer-reviewed references, published within the last five years that support the paper’s claims.
 5. Provide at least four reliable, relevant, peer-reviewed references, published within the last five years that support the paper’s claims.
6. Write with accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling in accordance with Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) style.
 
Evaluate whether a given company should remain private or go public, based on its financial ratios and financial analysis.

Categories
Accounting homework help

What did the video state as critical for companies operating e-commerce sites today?

 
he video discusses the emergence of e-commerce growth due to the pandemic. Shopify’s COO at the time discusses the growth of online shopping and the need for companies of all industries to have a website and online marketing presence to compete.
After watching, answer the following question:
1) What did the video state as critical for companies operating e-commerce sites today?
2) Based on the other material this week, what else do you think is critical for companie’s to embrace as strategies to market their websites? Provide an example of an e-commerce site you believe does well with this marketing tactic.

Categories
Accounting homework help

If you were involved in an international acquisition, and you knew the business, which HR role would you want to work in?

International mergers and acquisitions, or IM&A, can be daunting. The thought of bringing two large companies that operate in different countries together, whether it be through a bolt-on acquisition or a merger combining two companies, is exciting however we know there will be a lot of hard work involved. The challenges faced in IM&A include culture, values, retention, language, community, law, and much more. There are four HR roles commonly associated with human resources and IM&A (Antila, 2006). These roles are strategic partner, administrative expert, employee champion, and change agent. During an IM&A, each role is utilized throughout the process. To be successful in these roles, individuals need to know the business and be able to overcome any challenges presented. Therefore, the questions for this week’s module are:
If you were involved in an international acquisition, and you knew the business, which HR role would you want to work in?
What are the 3 most difficult challenges you might expect to face in that HR role during the international acquisition?
References
Antila, Elina M. 2006. “The Role of HR Managers in International Mergers and Acquisitions: A Multiple Case Study.” June 2006. https://web-s-ebscohost-com.saintleo.idm.oclc.org/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=1&sid=651e561e-26eb-4be2-8fa0-1e05fc33d631%40redis.

Categories
Accounting homework help

what are the pros and cons of; a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or a corporation?

 Unit 7 Discussion Board (ACC150 Accounting Essentials)
Another friend comes to you for accounting advice.  They want to form their own business, but don’t know if they should be a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or a corporation.  In your own words what are the pros and cons of each?  What would you recommend?
Unit 7.1 DB: Psychological Disorders (PSY101 Fundamentals of Psychology)
Choose a psychological disorder from the DSM-V. (Mild Neurocognitive Disorder)
Summarize the      symptoms of the disorder.
What type of      therapy do you believe would be the most successful in treating this type      of disorder?  Support your opinion with research evidence.
Locate a      current events or recent journal article on the disorder and share the key      points (findings) with your classmates.
Be sure to provide the URL link(s) and/or title(s) to any resource used as reference in your post.
Unit 7 DB: Religion in Today’s Climate (SOC101 Principles of Sociology)
How does today’s stereotyping, bias and racial profiling intersect with religion? Are personal opinions fueled by social media outlets affecting how we understand or view religious beliefs? Use examples from society to support your thoughts on this topic. 
You must support your response with scholarly sources in APA format.  Simply stating your opinion is not enough, back up your opinion with citations.  Refer to the DB Grading Rubric for more details.
Unit 7 DB: Fringe Benefits (ACC330 Federal Income Taxes)
Employers often use fringe benefits as a way to attract and keep great employees, and to provide compensation for employees who already have a high salary.  
Based      on your work experience, what were some of the fringe benefits your      employer provided to their employees? 
Would      these be taxable or not taxable benefits?
If      your past/current employers didn’t offer any fringe benefits, what would      you have liked to see them offer their employees?

Categories
Accounting homework help

When customers use the hash tag #nextOOTD, who is initiating the communication?

 8: Concept Clip: Channel Richness.  Complete the exercise by submitting a brief summary of the concepts presented in the video.  A list of the concepts is all that is required. Below is the video transcript.
Chapter 08: Concept Clip: Channel Richness
Open communication means sharing information throughout an organization. Open communication increases productivity and leads to better decision making as well as lower turnover rates. Barriers to effective communication include conflicting or inconsistent messages, lack of trust, a reluctance to share information, and poor listening habits. Additionally, some people may already have their minds made up. Other barriers include managers not listening and information overload. The best individual skill for improving communication is to be a good listener. Organizationally, managers should follow up, regulate the amount of information shared so overload doesn’t occur, and understand the richness available in various communication channels. Channel richness is the amount of information that can be transmitted to someone. Face-to-face discussion is the richest medium. It’s direct, and it offers multiple information cues, immediate feedback, and personal focus. It is the best channel when someone may be afraid or defensive. Telephone communication is also rich, because although it does not contain physical cues, voices transmit emotional information. Use rich methods for non-routine messages about novel events when there is a potential for misunderstanding. Electronic communication, such as e-mail and instant messaging, does not provide visual or verbal cues, or allow for interaction or feedback. This can create misunderstandings. Impersonal written media such as flyers and reports are low in richness. These media are appropriate for simple, routine messages. Open communication is more than just sharing information. It’s also about knowing which channels to use to share the information.
Next, Chapter 08: On the Job: Zappos’ Retail Experiment Selfies as a Sales Tool.  Complete the exercise by answering the questions above the video.  The Discussion Questions to be answered are: Below is the video transcript please read and answer the 3 questions after video transcript. 
Transcript
Chapter 08: On the Job: Zappos’ Retail Experiment Selfies as a Sales Tool
>> Will, you’re based out in San Francisco.
>> Yep.
>> You’ve got a dozen people working in this Zappos Skunkworks. What are you doing out there?
>> Yeah, I think we created this labs office because we’ve seen just retail and ecommerce change so quickly. You know–
>> But surely Zappos is already at the forefront of ecommerce.
>> Yeah. And I think what we do exceptionally well is if you want those black beautiful dress shoes and you have them in mind, you come to Zappos and you type black dress shoes. We find them for you, we ship them to you next day, we’re amazing, great customer service. I think as we’re trying to evolve our brand is we look at like people are spending so much time on Pinterest and Instagram. What does that mean to Zappos as a brand. And so that’s one of the things we really think about as a retailer.
>> Yeah, as you think about people like us who use it, as you say, to deliver a product, now you’re trying to transition us to make it part of our lifestyle. Is that?
>> I wouldn’t say transition because it doesn’t have to be either or, right? We’re never going to stop being that amazing experience when you want to find great black dress shoes, a nice suit. Some people are surprised we sell suits and wedding dresses on Zappos. So, the works. I think as we’re seeing just consumer behavior change and people obviously move to their phones, what does that mean to that shopping experience?
>> Will, you make an important point. Mark and I might shop with our phones but we’re not likely to do that much shopping with our phone. My kids, on the other hand–
>> Absolutely.
>> And Mark’s do a lot of shopping on their phones. You’re trying to reach the millennials and even the next generation. How do you do that?
>> I think it’s, to kind of, I think in the early days when everyone saw Facebook being big and Pinterest blowing up, every big retailer’s like let’s build our own social network. And I think everyone failed at that, including us. So, it really was, like, how do we be a natural part of that conversation. So we’ve, people are doing stuff naturally on Instagram, for example.
>> Like what? Posting selfies.
>> Selfies. And it’s, I think to us older folks, like, we kind of joke about it but there’s this hashtag on Instagram called OOTD. You know, they do the hashtag OOTD. It stands for outfit of the day.
>> And you do this every day, right?
>> Every day. And I get an opinion. Pink tie, purple tie. But there’s 30 million pictures on Instagram with that hashtag.
>> Seriously?
>> 30 million.
>> 30 million.
>> So, it’s 30 million, or 30 million pictures that’ve said this is my style, this is what I care about, and I want the world to know. As a retailer, how do we not be a part of that conversation, right?
>> Embrace the narcissism.
>> And actually, I would call it self-expression. I call it self-expression.
>> But how do you become a part of that? As a retailer, how do you get your brand to be tied to those things?
>> Absolutely. So one of the, we did a small pilot a couple months ago and we saw some really interesting engagement. We asked actually people, you’re already going an outfit picture. We don’t want you to do anything else. Just add the hashtag, Next OOTD. And that was a signal to Zappos, Zappos, look in my Instagram account and make a personalized recommendation for me. So, that’s what we did. So we actually, and you know, Zappos is very good at doing things manual. We’re famous for 10 and a half hour phone calls in our call center. So, when we see someone do that hashtag, we actually look in their Instagram account, look at what they wear, look at their friends’ style, look at the places they go and make some recommendations. And we have a huge catalog, 180,000 items.
>> Okay.
>> And we just take, like, we think you’ll like–
>> What’s the follow through like, though? When you make, when those recommendations are made to these people who put hashtag NOOTD–
>> Yeah, and–
>> What do they do? Do they shop?
>> So we’ve seen them, they all go to the recommendations. And it’s interesting, I think, that a thing we’re seeing is if you’re on Instagram, you might check out one of our recommendations. And you don’t necessarily feel like buying right away. Because, you know, you’re on Instagram. I think a lot of, we’ve heard a lot of feedback, like Zappos sells clothing? Like, that’s a big surprise to a lot of people. You know, because we’re known for shoes, and–
>> But, Will, is it a bot that’s creating that?
>> No.
>> Or is it a human?
>> It’s a stylist on our end.
>> Yeah, see that’s cool, because now we’re going to create jobs. So it’s not that technology is going to take the jobs away. This actually is going to create jobs.
>> Absolutely.
>> And cool jobs. Stylist jobs.
>> And a big reason we moved our headquarters to Las Vegas. Our lab team is in San Francisco. A big reason we moved the headquarters to Las Vegas is to grow our call center locally and not outsource it. And so we actually have stylists that are kind of on our team that do some of these stylist recommendations as well.
>> What interests me about this, though, is it is very commercially focused. There are a lot of companies that spend time on social media trying to build brand awareness, loyalty, affinity, without any real sense as to whether there’s a clickthrough or a follow through. That seems to be different at Zappos.
>> Well, I think we do both. I think building brand affinity’s extremely important. I think if you look at our huge investment in our call center, it’s hard to measure the ROI. Like, when we do a 10-hour phone call with a customer who just wants to talk for 10 hours, like, you can’t measure that. There’s no immediate short-term ROI.
>> It’s, I would venture to say it might be negative.
>> Exactly, right?
>> That’s a lot of sales.
>> But it becomes, like, the story of legend. It becomes, like, the old-fashioned way of brand building, word of mouth and all that stuff. So, people tell their friends and–
>> Well, it’s Nordstrom-esque.
>> Yeah, I would absolutely say–
>> It’s Nordstrom-esque and if you can achieve that level of branding and be the go-to store–
>> Absolutely.
>> Or you’re not a store. A go-to experience?
>> Yeah, I would say we’re a whole experience. A shopping experience online for people. And I think it’s, yeah. So, Zappos, I think we started with shoes but developed a lot–
When customers use the hash tag #nextOOTD, who is initiating the communication? Describe how the communication process works in this instance. Is this one-way or two-way communication?
Of the five communication skills for effective interpersonal communication: expressiveness, empathy and sensitivity, persuasiveness, and informative style, which does Zappos appear to be using most?
Zappos is communicating with potential customers using social media. How is Zappos overcoming the barriers, or downsides, to information communication technology (ICT)?

Categories
Accounting homework help

Why budgeting is important for a firm.

 
Most every firm has a budget.  In many cases, however, firms use them inappropriately.  In extreme cases, the way the budget is used by the firm might actually encourage incorrect decisions.  In this discussion, you will get a better feel for how to appropriately use budgets as a guide.
Explain why budgeting is important for a firm.  Do you think that a firm’s budget should ever be violated (exceeded)?  Explain your rationale.

Categories
Accounting homework help

Why do you think it is not possible to perfectly predict an outcome when using a plethora of accurate data?

Watch (or read the transcript of) the following TedTalk: How to use data to make a hit TV show by Sebastion Wernicke. Then, address the questions below:
Why do you think it is not possible to perfectly predict an outcome when using a plethora of accurate data? (Please go beyond the opinions of the presenter and present your own unique ideas).
Why then should we use data (which is typically historical) to make predictions (or bets as the Online TV providers in the video would be doing) about the future?
be a minimum of 300 words in length and are worth 8 points
demonstrate an understanding of key concepts;
include a rationale, evidence, or example that supports your response;
be free of significant mechanical errors. 
include a minimum of 1 scholarly source; referenced at the end of your post and cited within the text of your response according to APA 7th edition guidelines.

Categories
Accounting homework help

Computer Security: Security techniques, data availability, security controls, & security functions.

Create PowerPoint Presentation on your chosen research topic. 
Use 10 Introduction, Conclusion, Image, 5 APA Citations & matching references.
Use your research topic:
Computer Security: Security techniques, data availability, security controls, & security functions.
Risk Management:  Tolerance levels, criticality, outage times, & down times.
Recovery Strategies: Alternate sites & equipment replacements.
Recovery Plan:  The support team, training, & maintenance.

Categories
Accounting homework help

Assess your emotional intelligence skills, based on Daniel Goleman’s five components of emotional quotient (EQ) in his article, What Makes a Leader

 Format:  1.5-2 pages, single-spaced, should include the introduction and concluding paragraphs, and body.
 Topic:  Assess your emotional intelligence skills, based on Daniel Goleman’s five components of emotional quotient (EQ) in his article, What Makes a Leader (The only resource available)