Explain the importance of how the Brown v. Board Education revolutionized education, and how Kendi’s beliefs disrupt the impact of that decision. Also include whether or not it had a negative or positive effect on education. Include one direct quote from each text. Please write three paragraphs of good, clear writing.
Draw upon course material to identify and discuss how a diversity of nineteenth and early twentieth-century Americans fought for freedom on the US home-front. You should address how true liberty and freedom were conceived of by these Americans (what did it mean to be truly free?), the obstacles and circumstances which stood in the way of claiming liberty and freedom, who/what they struggled against, and the ways in which these Americans endeavored to achieve liberty and freedom, according to their understanding of these things.
Please answer these questions 3-4 paragraph and it can be in your own words. Please do good work and answer with complete sentences
13. What was the Supreme Court’s decision in Plessy Ferguson? How did it interpret the Fourteenth Amendment? How did it impact the lives of blacks? Summarize John Marshall Harlan’s dissent.
14. Why did black leaders argue that African Americans should enlist to fight in World War I? What did they hope their military service would achieve
15. Compare the different views that African Americans had of the New Deal. Was it a success or a failure?
16. How did blacks still experience racism in the armed forces during World War II? In what ways did they make strides toward equality?
First, you will write your initial post due by Wednesday. You will respond to the following prompts:
Assess the pros and cons of the constitution. Provide one example for each and discuss your reasoning.
Now, select one concept from the Constitution you would add and one you would remove. Explain why.
What are the pros and cons of your proposed changes to the Constitution?
Your initial post should be 250-300 words
Use Times New Roman font, size 12, double-space and use 1 inch margins on all sides.
Follow English grammar standards and rules, using use college-level language.
1) Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire and the development of workplace safety standards.
2) Who owns the past? Scrutinize the facts, persons, events, dates and significance of the Age of Empire: American Foreign Policy, 1890-1914.
First read chapter 21 in U.S. History. Then carefully read and consider the following excerpt from W.E.B. Du Bois The Souls of Black Folk and answer the questions below it.
In this assignment, consider the attached three primary sources that reflect Europeans’ views of this “newly-discovered” land. 2-3 paragraphs in which you discuss what these primary sources reveal about motives, desires, and competing visions of the “New World.”
Watch: Films on Demand PBS The Age of Slavery (1800-1860): The African Americans—Many Rivers to Cross https://fod-infobase-com.ecsu1891.idm.oclc.org/p_ViewVideo.aspx?xtid=58758&loid=271126&tScript=0
write on a summary on what you watched
Define key terms
Answer review questions
1. When does African American History begin? To what extent is it necessary to study the history of the African continent to understand the experiences of diasporic African peoples such as African Americans? How far back in time should accounts of African American history begin?
2. African is home to many different climate zones and types of terrain, and it has experiences significant climate change over time. How has the continents environment influenced the history of the people?
3. Describe the impact of trans-Saharan trade on the history of west Africa.
4. Slavery has a long history in Africa. What were the different ways in which it was practiced in African societies?
Base your answer to the following question on the information presented in
this lesson (and in the American Yawp). Do not use outside sources. Be sure
The Assignment for Module 2 includes two short-answer question. Each is worth 5 points. For this Assignment, answer the following questions in 2 paragraphs each. Base your answer on the information presented the Rise of the Racial Slavery lesson. (You may also include additional information from the American Yawp but be sure to use specific examples included in the Sway lesson.) Do not use outside sources. Do not copy or share answers. (Be sure to complete the lesson before completing this assignment.)
Question 1: What role did servant and slave revolts or uprisings have on the law? What contributed to the division of white and black in America? (Be specific regarding time and colony.)
Question 2: Primary Source Analysis.
Analyze the summary of the Maryland laws and the court records regarding Rose Davis’s 1715 case. Did the ruling in Davis’ case go along with the law that was in effect when she was born? Did the ruling go along with the law in place at the time of her petition in 1715? What was the law in effect at that time and how did the ruling in her case compare to it? Consider the law at the time of her birth and the law in 1715, and then explain what you think should have been the ruling in her case?
Formatting: 12-point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, one-inch margins. Points will be deducted if not formatted correctly.
Module 2 Assignment
Length: Two paragraphs for each section, which means a total of 4 paragraphs for the entire assignment. Each paragraph should be at least six sentences long. Points will be deducted if sentences appear to have been intentionally shortened to meet the required number of sentences.
Editing: Be sure to proofread your answer and use spellcheck before submitting. Points will be deducted for not doing so.
Plagiarism: Plagiarism of any kind will result in automatic failure. Use of outside sources counts as plagiarism.
Answer question 1 & 2 for chapter 11 Fredrick Douglas see attachment.
In your own words answer this question in 2 paragraphs.
1.Compare the different views of abolitionists. How did different antislavery activists work to end slavery?