Since the pandemic, virtual visits/telehealth have become very popular. So why Should telehealth continue to the extent it’s currently used?
Critical thinking assignment:
Listen to one of the 8 podcasts: https://nam.edu/the-future-of-nursing-podcast/
Identify how you would proactively use your nursing knowledge and expertise to advocate for improved systems to address health inequities and overall better the health and wellbeing of the nation.
Write a scholarly APA 7, 4 to 6 pages in length (excluding your title/reference pages) answering the above question.
Discuss the political, social, environmental and economic factors that you feel contribute to some of the issues you are seeing or dealing with at your project.
Review Table 2.2 from Chapter 2 in the text. Which stage of personal power would you assess yourself as your current state? Which suggested activities moving forward will be positive for your style and your schedule?
Develop a personal plan for progressing in the stages of personal power. **If you self-assess as Stage Six (Power by Wisdom), reflect on the people and experiences that brought you to this stage.
Should be in APA format, approx. 4 pages excluding title page/references.
Visit the AHA homepage. https://www.aha.org/advocacy/current-and-emerging-payment-models
Choose two of the 17 payment models that are closest to your area of practice (long-term care facility). Summarize the payment model and the implications of this information on future practice and patient care delivery.
APA 7 format and 300-500 words
Web Validity Assignment –
Purpose of the assignment: evaluate 2 professional and/or consumer health websites.
According to recent studies, due to its accessibility and “easiness” patients are using the Internet as the second source of health information after physicians, (HON, 2014). In light of this, it is important that nurses are able to identify reliable, accurate online sources for health teaching their clients or when referring clients to resources for further information.
The Health on the Net (HON) Foundation has developed a code of conduct to standardize the reliability of health information. The HON code defines a set of eight (8) principles to maintain basic ethical standards. These include: Authorative, Complementarity, Privacy, Attribution, Justifiability, Transparency, Financial Disclosure and Advertising Policy. The definitions of these terms can be found at Health on the Net Guidelines
You may need to right click the link and click “open in new tab”.
Students are required to choose a specific health related topic and then research it using two (2) websites of their choice.
Choose a topic that interests you from the following; Post Partum Depression, Thyroid Cancer, Meningitis, Depression, Congestive Heart Failure, Asthma, Diabetes
• Use the template provided, as instructed. The form will expand to contain as much information as you wish to put in your information
• Research each of the websites to identify the eight HON principles. A title page and reference page is required with this assignment and is included with the template.
• Answer the questions in the table as instructed on the form.
• The answer to Question #3 must include a proper APA citation of the textbook in Texidium and identification of your websites you used to compare the website information. There are resources to assist you with properly formatting the APA citation.
• The last question is NOT about the topic that you selected, it is about using the internet to locate valid websites and applying it with evidence to nursing practice. Take this into consideration when constructing your answer to the final question.
• When complete, submit your work in the assignment box on eConestoga.
• At 11:59 PM on the DUE date.
• Only certain files are acceptable to assignment drop box. Acceptable for this assignment is MS Word,. If you are using Mac (Apple) software it is your responsibility to convert your assignment to an acceptable format.
This assignment is worth 20% of the final course grade. Please review the rubric prior to beginning this assignment, as it will be graded according to this rubric.
Learning Outcomes: After completing this assignment the student will be able to:
4 Information Literacy
◦ Examines and compares information from various sources in order to evaluate reliability, validity, accuracy, authority, timeliness, and point of view or bias.
◦ Evaluate the validity and reliability of websites providing health information.
◦ Explain how knowledge of web validity can enhance patient health and health literacy.
Health on the Net Foundation. (2019). The HON code of conduct for medical and health web sites (HON code). https://www.hon.ch/HONcode/Pro/Conduct.html
Ofcom. (2015). Children and parents: Media use and attitudes report 2015. http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/market-data-research/other/research-publications/childrens/children-parents-nov-
TOPIC- Professional Development Plan: Strategies for Academic Portfolios
Burns, M. K. (2018). Creating a nursing portfolio. Ohio Nurses Review, 93(3), 16-17.
Casey, D. & Egan, D. (2013). The use of professional portfolios for career enhancement. British Journal of Nursing, 15(11), 547–552.
East, R. (2015). Developing a nurse practitioner portfolio. ACORN: The Journal of Perioperative Nursing in Australia, 28(4), 35.
Hannans, J. & Olivo, Y. (2017). Craft a positive nursing digital identity with an ePortfolio. American Nurse Today, 12(11), 48–49. Retrieved November 14, 2018, from https://www.americannursetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ant11-Digital-Identity-1017a-1.pdf
Leahy, R., & Filiatrault, A. (2017). Employers’ perceptions of the benefits of employment electronic portfolios. International Journal of ePortfolio, 7(2), 217-223.
McMillan, L. R., Parker, F., & Sport, A. (2014). Decisions, decisions! E-portfolio as an effective hiring assessment tool. Nursing Management, 45(4), 52-54.
Discussion: Strategies for Academic Portfolios
In the realm of marketing, a successful branding strategy is one of the most important contributors to organizational success. A solid branding strategy can help add visibility and credibility to a company’s products.
Similarly, nurse-scholars can build a personal brand to add visibility and credibility to their work. You can begin building your brand by developing and maintaining an academic portfolio. Such an activity can help share the results of your efforts and contribute to your success. This Module’s Discussion asks you to consider and share strategies for building your portfolio.
Reflect on strategies that you can pursue in developing portfolios or portfolio elements that focus on academic achievements.
Review one or more samples from your own research of resources focused on portfolio development.
I need this in about 400 words
Post an explanation of at least two strategies for including academic activities and accomplishments into your professional development goals. Then, explain how those goals may align with the University’s emphasis on social change. Be specific and provide examples.
Module 02 Content
Create a PowerPoint presentation of no more than 15 slides that reflect your understanding of the three macronutrients discussed in this module: Carbohydrates, Lipids, and Proteins. Be creative!
Each slide should include information about each macronutrient.
Definition of the macronutrient inclusive of its function and structureWhere they are digested and absorbedTypes and their purposeSpecial characteristics and functionClinical applications as they relate to health and diets
Use APA Editorial Format for citations and references used other than the textbook.
Can someone help with putting together information for only 3 powerpoint slides on a Sister Callista Roy RAM assignment on Type II Diabetes?
I will provide the information if you are interested.
Administer a safety survey (e.g., the Injury Prevention Program [TIPP] from the American Academy of Pediatrics, or develop your own) to assess the home environment of a 6-month-old and a 5-year-old.
1. Develop a plan of education and anticipatory guidance for the family. 2. How would you apply this information to a larger population?
150-word minimum/250-word maximum without the references.
· Minimum of two references (the course textbook must be one of the references) in APA format, must have been published within last 3-5 years.